SHAYLA AND JAMES

SHAYLA AND JAMES
The best day ever

Monday, April 12, 2010

Have I ever told you... that I am addicted to...

Books, Books, Books

It is true! I love books-especially children's books!!!! I have been collecting ever since I was little thanks to my mother, who loves books just as much. From the pictures to the story to great themes books teach, I can't get enough!!!-Especially when I find an amazing deal on books-all these books here-in pretty top conditon( 240 to be exact) all for $28.00 Doesn't get better than that!!!! It seems though that one can never have enough-well maybe:) I told James when we get a house we need a whole room for these precious books-as they keep multiplying and my containers I am storing in keep expanding. What a great library it will be! Especially when we have kids some day. Good thing I want to be a teacher as I have the degree. James is a great support of such an addiction-although he will shake his head but then smile. For a while every night I would read him a new one as he hadn't heard of most of them-he was missing out before then. Now it is occasionally that I will read him one, but oh what fun!!! So now I have confessed-oh that feels nice. So friends what are your addictions? :)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I would have to agree with you-- I am addicted to books too! I don't have quite the collection that you do, but my mother was a book collector and now I am. I love it!

Than & Lina said...

How fun! Nathaniel wants a "library" in our house too but you are ahead of us!

Jill said...

It's a perfectly normal addiction. I want every room in our home to have a well-stocked bookshelf, somewhere cozy where you can retreat with something that leaps off the shelf. I think your collection is fabulous. Keep going!!!

Garland 4th Ward said...

I agree with you, Shayla...there is nothing else that is as wonderful as finding a "great" deal on books! I am addicted to books, too and LOVE buying them, looking at them, organizing them, and YES! reading them, too!