SHAYLA AND JAMES

SHAYLA AND JAMES
The best day ever

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Where has the time gone...


So today, as I sit here at the computer, my heart is full, and my mind is thinking like crazy.
This last week was my last week of block one of student teaching, in first grade. How these last six weeks have flown by, and I honestly had one of the best cooperating teachers, and very dynamic class. I loved every single minute, and learned so much!!!
Wednesday and Thursday were parent-teacher conferences, and what a great opportunity, to meet with all the students' and their parents minus two students home sick. How nice it was to thank them again for all they do and talk about the great things we love about their students.
Thursday was my last day and it also was short day. It seemed that in a matter of a blink, the day was over-bitter/sweet to say the least of my experience with them!

We did however have time to get a class picture together, and the students and teacher surprised me with my own book they made for me, and a super cute fun watch-"thanks for spending your "time" with us." What a great class. I was able to do something for them as well, and overall WOW-how I love them!
I truly love the students but more importantly, how I love teaching them. So many rewards every single day!!!
Monday I will be in Fourth grade with 30 students in the classroom, for six more week of student teaching, and then I graduate!It is so crazy but wouldn't trade the time for anything. Life is great! :)
By the way, thanks James for your great support of me during student teaching, and for all your help with school projects. You are the greatest!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I love to hear the student teaching experience, even though it is a little different from mine since you are Elementary. I'm glad you had good cooperating teachers. I'm sure you are doing great! Thanks for the update.

Kimi said...

Yay for graduation! I love it. We definitely need to meet up at the ceremony!